The latest from the BBB

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Your beer options at Fall Fest

They appear to be fairly limited. From what I see, Deschutes is the only option, and the only beers available that aren't their standard fare are Fresh Hop Mirror Pond, Hop Trip and Jubleale.

That's a perfectly good selection of beer, don't get me wrong. And I know Deschutes is a sponsor, and all. But it seems like Fall Fest is a perfect opportunity to get the beer community together and offer fall/Oktoberfest inspired beer, a la the Little Woody. I know there are a bazillion winter beers, but the fall beers are generally my favorite. And Fall Fest plays up the Oktoberfest theme, already. It just seems like a missed opportunity to me. Maybe someone just needs to steal my idea and put on an independent Oktoberfest beer festival in Bend.

No comments:

Post a Comment