The latest from the BBB

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Blacksmith has some awesome beers


So, as some of you who have been following the Bend Beer Blog are aware, I just started to do a tap list for bars in Central Oregon.

Luckily, someone at The Blacksmith came across our blog and saw our project, and e-mailed us. I'm embarrassed to admit I've never been to The Blacksmith, although I'll be going there soon, I hope. Here's why:



Blacksmith's tap list
Blacksmith's bottled beers

What an amazing selection of beer.

On tap: A great sampling of local beer (including Super Jubel/Jubel 2010 from Deschutes). Non-local Oregon beers (including Double Mountain Black Irish Nitro Stout). A double IPA (Russian River Pliny the Elder, an 'A' from Beer Advocate).

In bottles, there's little drop off: Deschutes' Mirror Mirror and Hop Henge 2007. Chimay. Rogue Morimoto Black Obi Soba Ale.

Anyway, I might sound like a shill for Blacksmith, but I assure you all they did was e-mail me with a tap list. That's a pretty impressive roster of beers they've put together. Sounds like an afternoon outing for the BBB sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment