The latest from the BBB

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

On tap update: Brother Jon's and Deschutes

When I have something interesting to add the Central Oregon tap list resource page (which you can read here, by the way), I'll try to post a quick blog update. I'm not talking about Bud being swapped out for Coors, or if x pub has a new type of Deschutes you can already get elsewhere. But if there's something new that might be hard to find here, or if a brewpub has a new beer on tap, we'll try to report on it.



Here's what I've got for now:

Updated list for Brother Jon's:
Rotating taps:
Hopworks Urban Brewery (HUB) IPA
Trumer Pils
Terminal Gravity IPA
Double Mountain IRA
Anchor Steam
Walking Man Brewing Barefoot Brown
Deschutes Red Chair NWPA


A lot of it's the same, but I am not sure I have seen Anchor Brewing (San Francisco) Anchor Steam beer around here that often. The really interesting one, which I actually tried last night, was the Walking Man Brewing Barefoot Brown, out of Stevenson, Wash. Check out their Web site here if you want to learn more. That's a new one for me. It was a bit on the heavy side for a brown, almost to the point that it has the mouth-feel of a porter. But it was a very enjoyable beer with some big but now overwhelming flavor that I'll have again, as long as it's on tap. I think they said there's only one keg of it for now.

And an update for Deschutes:

Seasonal:
Red Chair N.W.P.A
Bond Street Series
Hophenge Experimental I.P.A
Local's Tap:
Horse Ridge IPA
Pub exclusives:
Berlinerweisse
Bachelor Bitter
Miss Spelt Hefeweizen
Gluten Free Kristal Weizen
Big Mountain Bock
Northwest Brown Ale
Nitro Jubelale
Hop in the Dark CDA
Reserve Tap:
Jubel 2010
X Tap
Plumb Bob
Oregon 150
PDX Tap:
Arctic Blastonator Weizenbock


Lots of cool stuff, including the brand-spanking new Berlinerweiss, which is served in a snifter. The basic berlinerweiss is a cloudy wheat beer, and this one is "mouth-puckering sour and extremely refreshing" according to Deschutes' tweet on the beer. We'll have to find out for ourselves soon!

We'll let you know when we have more updates!

2 comments:

  1. It appears Double Mountain is doing a beer release at Brother Johns on Friday the 5th from I believe 5-9. Its an IPA called 'The Empire Strikes Back'. If I remember correctly it was called a 'laid back' IPA with all English malts and hops-no, I'm not affiliated, just a beer lover. Double Mountain will be giving out swag as well. Very cool to see DM come down and do this at a newer local restaurant-Go Brother Jon's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was going to be a blog post tomorrow...stop stealing my material! Just kidding. I can put it up anyway, that way it'll get into the feed. Glad to see another Brother Jon's lover out there.

    ReplyDelete