The latest from the BBB

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Stopping in at the Double Mountain release party in Bend

We didn't have a ton of time to hang out at the release of Double Mountain's "Empire Strikes Back" English IPA release party at Brother Jon's Friday, but we did stop by and have a brew.

It was standing room only (as you can see in the pic) when we got to Brother Jon's. While it's usually busy there from 5 to 7 p.m., this was the busiest I've seen it, obviously due to the release party.

The beer itself was awesome, everyone in our party agreed. It was very malty, a characteristic you don't often get in beers around here. It went down very smooth, and is definitely not the kind of IPA you are used to drinking in the Northwest. Anyway, they might be out of the beer by tonight, since they only had a couple of kegs. And Double Mountain didn't make a ton of it. But if you see it here or in Hood River, I suggest you give it a try.

And despite my brief appearance, I won a T-shirt in one of the raffles. Beau insists I used one of the tickets he left after he bolted. I, however, didn't see his name on it. So I am pretty sure a court of law would award the shirt to me. Good try, though, Beau.

No comments:

Post a Comment