The latest from the BBB

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Rogue Nation: Is It Time to Secede?

So I have noticed I have been getting a lot of e-mails from Rogue lately. And none of them are about the beer, or even useful. And they are funny kind of funny mildly entertaining tolerable slightly annoying.

When I sign up for an e-mail list using my personal e-mail address, I figure I am going to get useful e-mails. And I think Rogue's have at least been that in the past. But this month they seem to just send out e-mails that are supposed to be clever, I guess, and have no other purpose.

To wit:

That's all there was in the e-mail. No other information. And I have gotten several more like that in the last couple of weeks.

I know, I know, I can always just unsubscribe. Wouldn't it just be better if they reserved the e-mails they sent me for actually important/relevant information? Or, if in addition to the "funny" note they would send me some information about some new beer, or something happening at a pub? If I was subscribing to a blog (i.e. like ours), I would be fine with it. But when I am signing up for an e-mail from a business, I guess I expect more. Am I just being too nitpicky?

I do love a lot of the Rogue beers, and the wife and I usually make a point of hitting the pub in Portland. So, send me an awesome deal, or some free beer, and all is forgiven!

No comments:

Post a Comment