The latest from the BBB

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Wednesday treat: $6 growlers at Boneyard

I can't say that Boneyard Beer is a secret anymore. If it is, it's probably Bend's worst-kept secret.

In the last year, Boneyard has found its niche in Bend, where it's tough to make in-roads in the microbrew market. But they've gotten themselves into a lot of eating and drinking establishments around town. Why?Because the beer is awesome.

I am happy to pay $4 for just about any Boneyard I see on tap when out and about. But I have also gotten into the habit of going to Boneyard's brewery every Wednesday, when they fill your growler for $6. Yep, that's not a misprint. I have tried and enjoyed all the beers they have...you'll most often see Bonafide (a pale) and Black 13 (a dark beer they don't classify as a porter or a stout).


For some of the specialized beers, like Femme Fatale (a sour ale that uses raspberries during fermentation) it's $10.

The best part is that you can try the beers while you are there. Every time I drop by to fill my growlers, without having to ask, I am offered a sample. Every time. They charge you if you want to try them all. But one or two, no problem. So $6 for a growler, plus samples. A little slice of heaven.

Anyway, head to 37 NW Lake Place (kind of near Colorado and 97, just mapquest it, if you don't know where it is). Today, or the next Wednesday you have a few minutes. You'll be glad you did. I'll see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment